TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The College of Alabama Athletics Division is ready to kick off the 37th Annual Nationwide Women and Ladies in Sports activities Day – a week-long recognition that begins Wednesday, Jan. 25 and leads as much as the day of celebration which falls on Wednesday, Feb. 2.
Nationwide Women and Ladies in Sports activities Day (NGWSD) is an event devoted to honoring the achievements of feminine athletes, coaches and leaders and highlights the facility of sports activities to unlock the limitless potential of ladies and women.
As a part of Alabama Athletics’ celebration of NGWSD, the Crimson Tide Basis has set a objective to boost $50,000 for the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund – the annual scholarship fund for Alabama Athletics.
To assist within the Tide’s objective, the AlabamaONE Aspire Basis will match the primary $25,000 raised for the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund between Jan. 25 and Feb. 1 on a dollar-for-dollar foundation. Followers can discover extra info or donate HERE or at uactf.org/ngwsd. Initiatives all through the week are included under:
Nationwide Women and Ladies in Sports activities Celebration – Jan. 25-Feb. 1
- Ladies’s basketball crew will have fun NGWSD throughout its dwelling recreation towards No. 1 South Carolina on Sunday, Jan. 29. Tickets are solely $5.
- Alabama gymnastics will have fun women and girls in sports activities on the Tide’s dwelling meet versus Auburn on Friday, Feb. 3. Tickets are $10 and may be bought at rolltide.com.
- Pupil-athletes from Alabama’s girls’s athletics groups can be visiting college students at three native elementary colleges on Wednesday, Feb. 1 to share their tales and encourage the following era of younger athletes.
- Scholarship drive all through the week with all donations going in direction of the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund in honor of NGWSD
- Comply with dialog on social media posts on the UA Athletics official accounts all through the week with the hashtags #RollTide and #NGWSD.
All the most recent info on Alabama Athletics may be discovered on @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram, Alabama Athletics on Fb and at RollTide.com. The newest on the Crimson Tide Basis may be discovered on social media by following @UACTF on Twitter, Instagram and Fb in addition to CrimsonTideFoundation.org.